Feb 19, 2018
- Child identification cards & wristbands
- Interactive matching boards for safety signs, community signs, and travel
- Coupons and flyers for safety resources, such as Angel Sense GPS, wallet cards, customized temporary tattoo ID packs, and more
- Emergency contact forms
- "Child On Board" vehicle decals
- Informational sheets and educational materials
- Flyer for the children's book, The Waiting Song
Natasha Barber, founder of Autism Moms Know Safety, said that she is excited to help hundreds of families through the grant.
"I would like to thank Centria for their generosity in providing a grant for the AMKS Safety & Resource Kits," Barber said. "I hope to continue working with Centria in Michigan, and expand throughout the nation to provide more families with safety kits."
In a 2017 blog post with Autism Parenting Magazine, Barber emphasized that parents may not always know about the protective measures that need to be taken -- especially in the early stages following the child's autism diagnosis. Three things she suggests to parents are to safeguard all doors and windows, secure furniture, and use visual aids and signs to teach.
Interested in receiving autism therapy with Centria Autism Services? Call 248-299-0030 or click here to learn more.