Autism Friendly Movies
The “Autism Friendly Movies” program is a partnership between Emagine Entertainment and Centria Autism Services.
The program was designed to provide a fun environment for families of children with Autism and other Special Needs to be able to enjoy the movie going experience in a more sensory gentle environment. Because of this, the lights will be turned up a little big higher than normal and the sound will be a little less loud. Families with food allergies are encouraged to bring their own snack foods for their children.
A more sensory friendly movie experience is a great idea, and other theaters around the country have done this for years to varying levels of success. Part of what makes this program unique is that, through the Centria Autism portion of the partnership, we will have Autism Specialists on hand to answer questions for parents and provide helpful suggestions and techniques to make the experience even more friendly for the children and families. This help and guidance is not a requirement for attending these showings, and will only be extended to families that ask and are interested in this additional help and support.
It’s our goal to help the children, teens and families participating in this program to develop the skills and coping abilities they need to get to the point where they’re able to confidently go to the movies ANY TIME.
It’s our hope to be able to help unlock this favorite American past time for the children attending these shows so when their friends, family or classmates go to the movies they’re able to go too... and enjoy the experience!
Going to the movies has been a fun, important part of our social and family lives for decades. A couple hours of escape. A story that makes us laugh, cry, jump, reflect and sit on the edge of our seats in an audience of others experiencing the same highs, lows, and adventures has been a part of birthday parties, holiday get togethers, date nights and lazy weekends for most of our lives. It’s our goal with this program to open up this experience to individuals and families who, due to challenges posed by their Autism or other Special Needs, might previously have been unable to go to the movies.
We look forward to having you join us, see you in the the theater!
If you have any questions, concerns or would like to find out more about this program please contact us.
Upcoming Autism Friendly Movie Schedules:
Autism Friendly Movies Calendar (2018)
- March 24, 2018: A Wrinkle in Time
- April 7, 2018: Sherlock Gnomes
- April 21, 2018: Ready Player One
- May 5, 2018: Avengers: Infinity War
- May 19, 2018: Show Dogs
- June 6, 2018: Solo: A Star Wars Story
- June 23, 2018: The Incredibles 2
- July 7, 2018: Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
- July 21, 2018: Hotel Transylvania 3: Summer Vacation
- March 10, 2018: Black Panther
- February 24, 2018: Peter Rabbit
- Feb. 10: Maze Runner: The Death Cure
- Jan. 27, 2018: Paddington 2
- Jan. 13: Jumanji 2: Welcome to the Jungle
- Dec 30: Ferdinand
- Dec. 16: Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- Dec. 2: Coco
- Nov. 18: Wonder
- Nov. 4: Thor: Ragnarok
- Oct. 21: Casper (1995)
- Oct 7: My Little Pony: The Movie
- Sep 23: Lego Ninjago
- Sep 09: Leap
- Aug 19: The Nut Job 2
- Aug 05: The Emoji Movie
- July 15: Spiderman : Homecoming
- July 01: Despicable Me 3
- June 17: Cars 3
- June 03: Captain Underpants : The First Epic Movie
- May 27: Pirates Of The Caribbean : Dead Men Tell No Tales
- May 06 : Guardians Of The Galaxy Vol. 2